Read a horrible story and need some good ones!

I just read a horrible story on here about a mom beating her 3 year old for wetting his pants and I'm about to cry in my cubicle.

Please tell me some of your stories about how much you love your little ones and the things you do for them to show them they're loved! I really need some good stories to get that off my mind right now.

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• How horrible.
    My five year old son was stung by a scorpion this weekend and was hospitalized. He was amazing and brave through the whole thing. Through all the tests and treatments, he hugged his stuffed penguin and got through it. He and my older son (who is 8) are really close. Kyle kept asking for Jacob the whole time he was in the hospital. My husband brought Jacob by and they sat together and had dinner, then started watching a movie on the computer. It wasn't until Kyle saw his brother that he relaxed enough to get some rest. Jacob was so worried about Kyle and when Kyle was discharged, Jacob was so excited and said "Yay! We'll all be together again!" I'm just blown away by both of my boys. I'm proud of Kyle for going through such a scary ordeal and being so wonderful and sweet about it. I'm proud of Jacob for being so loving and nurturing to his brother. They're both such awesome kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I took my little guy (he's 4) to the Crayola Factory Saturday and afterward, we went to the Lehigh Valley Mall to go to Build-A-Bear. We decided to get lunch first. We chose Chick-Fil-A because we'd never eaten there before. It was PACKED! So, we ended up sitting at one of those high tables with the tall chairs. One minute he's showing me the toy that came with his meal, the next minute, he's on the floor!! I rush around the table and he's telling me, "I'm ok mommy, I'm ok", so I pick him up and bring him to sit next to me (which I should have done in the first place). He's fine the rest of the day. Later, I'm looking him over, asking him if his legs or anything are sore and he says, "did you like it?". I'm like, "like what buddy?". He says, "The Daredevil Drop". And he's laughing, he tipped his chair on purpose! The little stinker! He is such a boy!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• we deliver Meals on Wheels every Christmas morning, we didnt get to this past Christmas because we lost our car due to financial issues stemming from my husband becoming ill. My twins were so upset that they couldnt deliver the meals that they didnt want their presents!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my son sometimes wakes me up by putting his fingers in my nose lol, and the other night his dad fell asleep and he went and got this little 2 inch troll doll to snuggle withlol
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 9:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011