Why would a mom with little children want to step outside the home all by herself?

.....without a companion: mother, mil, sister, friend, etc. Does it make it more difficult to practice good parenting when the mom is all alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mothers do what needs to be done. If I need something I go and get it. If I could have a companion come with me that would be awesome. But most of the time I have me and only me to rely on. In this society mothers have to teach their children early how to behave in public because our entire lives are public. Does that answer your question?

studentteach

Answer by studentteach at 2:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Huh? You mean that mothers should never go out of their homes with just their children and no other adults helping? Mothers on their own can't parent well? Is that SERIOUSLY what you mean?
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Why wouldn't she? I always go where I want when I want without waiting until someone can go with me. It doesn't make it more difficult at all! I'm the parent, why would I need someone else there?

Answer by missanc at 2:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• not sure i understand your question...??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. Do you want to know why a mom would want to spend time alone, or if parenting is more difficult without a companion, or if it's too difficult to go out with the children by herself?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have no issues going out without any help. Actually when my husband is out to sea for months at a time and we have no family around so I don't want to be stuck at home all the time. I manage as well with or without my husband for help. I am the same parent with or without my husband there and my children behave just as well. They know not to take advantage of the fact that I am the only authority. We go shopping, we go out for fun, we go out to eat together, we do anything we want to do. My little ones are 6, 4, 3 and one on the way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• What?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• same here don't understand your question
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• confused?
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I used to go out alone with my children all the time. If I didn't somethings just wouldn't get done. And I never needed a "companion" to be able to handle my children alone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011