Help! Where should we go?

dh and I have miles to use before the end of June and I don't know where to go.
Not NY, DC or Cali. Don't want to go to Las Vegas. Been all over Colorado and Fforida. Not enough miles to fly international
Does anyone have any suggestions for where we can go for 4-5 days?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Travel

• What sort of things do you like? Visiting historic sites, lounging on the beach?

I'd do Boston if I had a few days.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• oregon beaches seattle spaceneedle , a ski lodge , dude ranch in wyoming or ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depends on whether you want a city vacation, or something quieter. We lived in Wyoming for 6 years, loved exploring all of the little towns there, Thermopolis where the world's largest hot springs are, Yellowstone, and just getting out and enjoying the huge blue skies and amazing quiet.

I also lived in Ohio where there is some amazing history, I loved exploring Schoenbrun, one of the oldest settlements, and Zoar , but there are also the Hall of Fames, and some cool amusement parks there.

Personally, I've always loved Niagara Falls, and I've always wanted to visit some of the history along the eastern coast. I have visited some of the civil war sights in Virginia, but would love to see Philadelphia, and Washington DC.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• NC..Georgia (Savanna is awesome!)..Nashville...?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• What kind of vacation do you want with or without kids? lots of activities or vegging out on a beach?

Two places come to mind:
    Chicago, soo much to do with or without kids. Its such a fun place to go. We went last june and had a blast and the weather was perfect.

Another place is upper michigan, Traverse City or Mackinaw. Its soo beautiful and again alot to do.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Don't know where you live and don't know if you have the miles for it but Hawaii is beautiful. I am spoiled as I have family there - so I have no idea what hotels even cost. But here in the US look into state parks or camping trips if you are taking the kids. I agree that Chicago is an amazing city to visit - so much to do there. Boston has a lot of history and New England is pretty compact, so a day trip to the mountains is east to do as well.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We live in TX so I'd prefer a cooler climate. No kids will be going. We have contemplated Nashville. Boston sounds interesting.
    Thanks ladies
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Hotel special that you save a lot with a coupon or promo check your local area...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• DC is beautiful especially if you can time it to go during the Cherry Blossom Festival. If you go take the night tour of the historical sites. I have seen them during the day and a couple of years ago a friend gave us a night tour, truly majestic!!!
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 7:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Puget Sound, Seattle Outer Banks, NC Savannah, GA

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011