Is it normal for a 2.5 yr old to want to watch his dvds of mickey mouse, cars, mater tales, and thomas all day long?

Logan just wants to watch one after another. He will play with his toys sometimes during the shows but most the time he just sits there and watches them. Sometimes I will turn them off and try to get him to play with his toys with me but he just insist on turning the tv back on so he can watch his shows. Is this ok?

becky0829

Asked by becky0829 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old loves to watch certain shows too, I just tell him "we'll watch mickey mouse clubhouse and then we're going to play" so I rush to get all of my stuff done while he's watching tv and then when it's over we turn it off. If he fusses that's okay - I'm not going to have him watching tv all day long. I just distract him with some of his favorite toys or take him outside to play if it's nice. He will get used to the tv not being on all the time.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• For him to want to watch would be normal... but you do have to put your foot down and have him get away from the TV.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yes its normal
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my son Haiden hated watching shows and couldn't sit still to watch and could care less that it was on, but as soon as he turned 2 his TV interest got really high. He is 3 and he sits and watches his shows and will even ask to watch a movie up in his room. We already have taken him to see 2 movies since he was 2 years old. SO yes it is normal
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• thanks
    becky0829

Comment by becky0829 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes it is normal but set some rule and boundaries to how much. Just because he wants to doesn't mean you let him. Our son gets about 30 min to 1 hour a day.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yea it is ok for them to watch tv but I would definitely set rules to how much tv he can watch.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If my daughter could she would watch tv all day long So I limit the amount of tv my daughter watches .
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• girl if i were you i would let hum especially if it kkeps him quiet. Hes probally just trying to learn all the words.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011