Solids?

My five month old LOVES every kind of food we try! Peaches, carrots, peas, rice crackers....all of it. Anyone else's little one the same?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 11:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope! lol. My 6 month old doesn't like solids. She loves her rice cereal and she likes the oatmeal cereal too. But that's it. And actually it's just in the last week that she's really started enjoying cereal and eating it well. I've tried green beans, peas, apples, and prunes with her and she doesn't like them. I keep offering them to her and I'm sure some day she'll like them! She's totally different than my son. He loved everything. My daughter has been exclusively breastfed though so I think that may play a role in it.
    shell78

Answer by shell78 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids were very good about eating any foods we offered till they reached the age of about 6. Then the one wouldnt eat and meats and the other wouldnt touch vegetables. They are both adults now and have a wide range of foods they eat, including fruits, veggies and the right portion of protien. You may be lucky enough to have a child that dosnt go through one of those "i dont like it now" stages.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Max will eat anything but does prefer some studff to others. He had a Kosher pickle for the first time last night & loved it. He likes bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, yogurt, pears. Not crazy about peas or green beans.
    I love feeding him new foods to see what he'll do. He's nearly 9 months old.
    BellsD

Answer by BellsD at 1:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008