Peeling/Dry Skin?

My baby is only 10 days old and we have been having such troubles with her dry skin, we lotion her about 3-4 times a day because of the 'cracking' skin. Well today, I found its not actually cracking, but it looks like its peeling, almost like she got a sunburn and the skin is peeling....is this normal?

kristina.de

Asked by kristina.de at 2:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, normal. In the next week or two it will stop, it's just the top layer of skin - like when our dead skin drops off (kinda gross sounding, but that's what it is).

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Very normal, she is shedding her old skin and new shinny smooth skin will come out, no need to worry.

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Absolutely normal. I'm sorry they didn't tell you that! It can last a few weeks or even a couple of months. DS was the same way, and I'd say more babies go through it than don't. Nothing to worry about, and nothing you can do to stop it, just let it happen. It bothers you more than it bothers her. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Normal. Just keep mosturizering with johnsons lotion after a bath. She is normal, all babies do it.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• By the way Kristina, beautiful name, this is also my first Born's daughter's name.

Answer by older at 2:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• A little dry skin in normal for most babys, but if it continues or even gets worse you should consult youjr docter, couse my baby had bad dry skin, and when I took him to his docter, He had esama. The best lotion to use on little ones is Eucirin cream. Most docters recomend it too.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011