Spin off about what your kiddo does in the AM before school .....

what time does your child get up? ... and what time does the bus come?

It sounds like alot of kids have so much more time than my son. I heard one Mom say her kid has time to eat/dress/brush do chores and play!

I am lucky if we get to the bus on time after going thru 4-5 spelling words!!!!!!!

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 9 and 11 yo wake up at 7:15 and leave for the bus stop at 8:15. They have plenty of time to rush through getting ready and then play a little. My 13 yo wakes up at 6:45 and gets on the bus at 7:25.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• mine gets up around 650am..and we leave the house around 730-35am. he has plenty of time to wake up, pee/poop, eat, dress, brush/floss, and goof off a little. if he rode the bus, he'd have to do all of that by 7am, which is when the bus runs. (school starts @ 7:55am.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son is up at 7:15, watches tv and wakes up a bit. 7:30 start breakfast, when he is done eating, medicine (allergies), brush teeth, get dressed. While he is eating I make lunches and pack bags and have my breakfast. Ready by 8:00. I take our two neighbor kids to school so they are dropped of at 8. We leave for school at 8:20ish. Were walkers. (I drive in crappy weather)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh and my son is 7, so can do most stuff on his own. He has learned the hard way if everything isn't done he can't play with his friends after they are dropped off.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Mine get up around 6:30. The bus comes at 8:15. The girls get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush their teeth, we brush and style their hair, finish prepping and packing their lunches, make sure they have all their stuff for the day...and then it's time to go.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Mine have get up, shower, dress, breakfast, get things gathered to leave, and head out the door for school. If they have extra time at breakfast, they will talk with their father OR read a book.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My daughter gets up at 7- and we walk out the door to meet the bus at 7:50. She gets up, gets dressed/brushes hair and teeth, eats breakfast and gets ready to walk out the door. Everything is done the night before so there is nothing for her to do in the morning- but get ready for the day. We have plenty of time and no worries. It makes for a good start for the day.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my kids wake up at 7:00, and go to the bus stop at 8:35.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• dd wakes up at 6:15, bus comes at 6:50am, she leaves at about 6:40-45 walks down with the neighbor kids, she dresses, brushes her teeth, eats breakfast (usually oatmeal), feeds the dogs, and goes to the bus
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 9:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011