Where can i find some major

information about breastfeeding. This will be my first time And i only have four months to learn everything i can.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There are lots of sources but I'd contact my local La Leche League. I know lots of women who have found great support with them.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Kellymom.com and llli.org are two wonderful online resources. Also, read "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" (eighth edition). I wish I had read it while I was pregnant- we had issues nursing, and that would have really helped! Even if you just get through the first few chapters before Baby arrives, it will really help. Congratulations on your decision to breastfeed!!! Surround yourself with support, and get the numbers of good lactation consultants in your area. Find out where La Leche League meets and when just in case, too. You can do it, mama!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• kellymom.com is good. My best helpers were friends and in-laws that had actually nursed before with success.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Contact your hospital. Many of them offer breastfeeding classes. I took one and it was very helpful.

Answer by missanc at 2:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• La Leche League is a good idea. There are some breastfeeding groups on CM that can be very supportive and informative.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011