How far along were you when you took your maternity leave?

With my first, I worked right up until I delivered. With my 2nd, I began my leave when the doctor told me I was going to be induced (a few days or a week before I delivered).

For some reason, this time I am terrified that my water will break in front of my classroom, and I am considering starting my leave a couple weeks early.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I worked until I delievered with both of my kids, spent part of the day at work in labor with my 1st. (wasn't sure it was labor, it didn't hurt too bad, but my boss made me go) and with my second I went in in the morning and started feeling sick and left, had my daughter the next day.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well, it's a personal choice but it just means you won't have that time at the end...after you've had your baby.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wk 38...i stayed off two weeks before, and 6 wks after.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Baby #1 I had put in the paperwork w/ my jobs corporate office that I intended to leave work the start of my 37th week but that we'd punt from there if I was unable to perform my duties due to swelling, pain, complications. (on feet entire shift running around as a photographer) However I was on modified bed-rest by week 13 and complete bed-rest by week 24 so that went out the window.

Baby #2 I was receiving disability benefits due to renal failure from the disastrous birth of baby #1 so being home with my kids and getting well was my career.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With my 1st I took my leave 2 weeks before my due date, but I wasn't going back and I knew that.

Answer by missanc at 2:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I started two days before I was induced. So bascially up until I delivered.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had severe back pain, so I went out at 6 months. I had planned to work until I went into labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With my twins, I had planned on taking it a week before I was due, but they were born 2 months early, so I was actually at work while in labor. I have been a sahm with my other two babies so I get no maternity leave! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was 38 weeks.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Bubbie...that is too funny because I had to do the same thing with one of my friends. I was the day shift manager and she was the night shift manager where we worked...so she slept during the day. She called me half professionally and half personally to say she thought her water broke and she was having some contractions. I told her to go to the hospital and that I would call someone to cover her shift. She told me not to "worry anyone yet"...lol...and I had to practically yell at her to go to the hospital! About 5 hours later, her son was born...Christmas Day at that! She was so worried people would think she just "called off" to get Christmas off if she didn't have her baby! Lmao!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011