Ebay - Toddler clothing... Pricing help.

***Please read the question. I am asking what I should start the bid at, not how I should divide the items up.***

I have some name brand toddler clothing that I am wanting to put on Ebay. It's stuff that my daughter has outgrown. All in IMMACULATE and gently used condition. Nothing is stained, ripped, torn, etc. and to be honest most of it she wore maybe 1-2 times.

I am thinking about starting the bids at .99 cents or 5.00 per outfit.

What would you ladies recommend starting the bid at? It's all Osh Kosh, Carters, Gap, Old Navy, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• I usually sell a "lot" of things - like 6 tshirts, or 3 pair of shorts unless it's a matched set. I seem to get more out of it rather than selling by the outfit. Craigslist is always much easier for me so I don't have to ship anything, not sure if you've had luck with it.

Answer by missanc at 2:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• $5 per outfit plus say $2 shipping gets you $7...... and you can goto the Gap outlet and get it for the same price BRAND new, never worn once.

Ebay is not what it used to be. The economy has changed things.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have been selling my daughters outfits from Gymboree and I normally start my bids at $9.99. I find if you do "lots" you lose more money.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Honestly I would sell them as several lots...the brands you listed really aren't the sought after, get a higher price brands like Hanna Andersson, Ralph Lauren, or Gymboree. If there are any specific occassion items you can list those alone such as Easter/Spring Dresses. But I would do a lot of the same sizes and item like a lot of pajamas, another for shirts/onsies, another for pants, shorts, skirts, etc etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• PS a lot is the way to go. Group Spring/Summer (because Fall/Winter wont sell right now) and stress anything that has Easter potential. 100 pieces of clothing is a nice sized lot. A trick I like to use is to jack the price up a bit and then do free shipping. People freak out for free shipping.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thanks Mommytobrooke. That's what I have noticed too. Lots generally sell for far less than individual sales. I've been selling on Ebay for about two years now and I make a significantly larger profit than I do if I sell lots. Not everyone has 200.00 bucks or so to spend on clothing at once, but people do have 7-8 bucks to spend on an outfit pretty routinely.

Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am not asking how to group them up. I am asking what I should start the bid at. Not sure how this conversation turned into how to sell the items, because that isn't my question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• @ Mom - I know plenty of people that are good with the Gap and Carters. You're actually the first Mom to say that they aren't sought after, as I can tell you plenty of people that have the brands in their childs wardrobe. Osh Kosh is also a very reputable brand, at least in my opinion. Retail these outfits cost easily 30 or 40 bucks, so I am not sure how you're saying they're not sought after. Gymboree is okay, but personally it's not my taste. And Ralph Lauren? LOL that is soooooo 1990.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depends on what the brand is. Gymboree sells best, Gap next, Old Navy, maybe next. I never had good luck with osh kosh. The rest are bottom line (even though nice) and don't sell for as much.. I actually sell all my auction items which are mostly gymboree, starting at .99. Most of the time it works out well. Every now and then I lose. I make it up though as I shop for that purpose and I also have a store.
    Go on ebay and check out the closed "lot" auctions to see what they sold for.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Obviously you are all not getting it. I don't want to nor will I sell the items in a lot. I am selling them individually. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011