Cooking tips

does ne1 have ne cooking tips on making a pot roast in the oven?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Roasting bags are great.

Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You need a roaster with a lid or some heavy duty aluminum foil for a cover. You need to brown your meat first and you really need a rack for your roaster. Then place your veggies round your roast and set your oven to about 325. My mother-in-law used to cook a roast this way nearly every Sunday, and she would leave it in the oven while she was gone to church, so that lunch would be ready when she got home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• EASY!!!! Roasting pot, Roast, quarter potatoes, quarter carrots (I use baby carrots we by them 3-5 pounds at a time) quarter an onion(some people use celery) if i have it I add a can of tomato (whatever) season (salt, pepper, garlic,) if I have it I will add Worcestershire and or a splash or 2 of red wine. . 300 degrees for a few hours (I honestly dont know how long it takes, I throw it in and check it after 2 hours or so)
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011