Where were you when you went into labor? Did your water break anywhere crazy?

I shouldn't ask this, because it will really only fuel my own anxiety...but did your water break in public? How far did you have to drive to get to the hospital?

I am making myself crazy! With my last two children, I was induced and I only lived a few blocks from the hospital. This time, I am delivering in a hospital about an hour away, I'm scared I wont recognize a natural labor (since I've never had to before), that my water will break in front of a class of kids, and that if my water doesn't break on its own, I will wait too long and deliver in a car on the side of the highway.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My water broke at home. I knew it was happening because someone told me that she felt an intense pressure, almost like needing to have an incredibly urgent bowel movement. I 'ran' to the bathroom and my water broke while I was standing in front of the toilet. Didn't even have time to sit. ;) Of course, I'd had contractions for quite a few hours before my water broke. Hopefully you'll have as much warning and good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• All 3 times I went into labor naturally, I was at home asleep in bed and woke up with contractions. We are only 15 minutes or so from the hospital. My water never broke on its own with any of my vaginal births, natural or induced.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was induced at 41 weeks. I went into labor in the hospital and my water broke in the bed. :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My water broke at home cleaning and my water broke about 3 weeks early, but i got to the hospital alright and had a fast labor and delivery
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 2:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You'll be just fine, mama! Most women go into labor before their water breaks. My son was posterior (sunny side up), so my water broke before labor. I was in bed, and I thought I had wet the bed. I went all day leaking all over the place, thinking I was peeing! It took me 14 hours to figure out that it was my water! I started having contractions soon after.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Last time, mine broke while getting out of bed one morning, but just felt like I was slowly wetting myself rather than any pressure or gush or anything. Only when I saw on fabric that it was light pink that I knew it wasn't weewee!!
    My friend however, who also had two inductions previously, had a TWENTY MINUTE labour on her due date, I kid you not.
    I'm now terrified that's going to happen to me, but I'm sure we'll be just fine...... well I hope!
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 2:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had an emergency c-section at 37 weeks. I never got to experience water breaking or labor or contractions at all. :(
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• nuthin crazy for me sunday mornin at church i started feeling the contractions they were stronger than b4 i enden up having my son at 3am mon morning.. my water broke in the hospital after i had my epidural so i ddnt even know lol
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• with all 3 of mine the dr. had to break my water for me. I was laying in a hospital bed all 3 times!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With my first I was in the hospital, I was induced. With my second I went into labor at home. I almost didn't make it to the hospital although my water broke right when I got to the hospital and with my third again I was in the hospital because I was induced.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011