What can I do for my fine, limp hair?

To make it fuller, without drying it out!- any products, techniques that work? I've been cursed with fine hair since I was born! I used to get perms, but haven't for about 10 years. I don't want to do that anymore. Any shampoo or something that might help? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Amplify By Matrix Shampoo and conditioner will not make your hair flat it is made for you also use the root lifter only at the roots and the mousse then I would suggest using Velcro rollers really big ones when your hair is dry then use your blow dryer to heat them up a bit let them cool down and remove you will have shinny full hair then you could piece it out with a wax or paste good luck with your hair you will look fab for thanksgiving !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Perms today are ALLOT better on your hair than they were 10 years ago. Espically when a salon does them. Also the cut you have in your hair goes a long way in giving your hair body. Ask a salon lady for advice on what to do for your hair. Ide gladly trade you my long naturally curly hair for straight non curling hair.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• you could also consider getting a bit of color/highlights. a little 'damage' (technically, any chemical service damages to some extent, because it changes the natural hair) does some good for fine hair. think of the color service as 'roughing up' the hair's cuticle, which is what it does..i wouldn't suggest perming and color, though.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• try using a volumizer and getting your hair cut short. I helps give the illusion of fuller hair (with the right stylist of course).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• aveda has great volumizing products. they are more on the pricier side but are worth it! i know i worked in an aveda salon i could see the resaults! also with color you can add demention so the hair looks thicker. pretty much all the aveda product is safer for you than other products, they dont have some of the same chemicals in their products so the color and perms are less damaging.
    shaedog3

Answer by shaedog3 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008