*Vent* Its just disgusting!

I can understand a five year old getting a little bit of pee on the toilet every now and then, but this is just too much.. My SS is only here on the weekends, and after he is gone, I go inspect the bathroom to make sure its clean. I always find pee everywhere. It's like he can't pee in the toilet bowl. Its even been on the floor before.. And what's worse, my DH does the same thing. I'm about to make them sit on the toilet to pee.. I've already talked to him about it. Nothing gets done, so I clean.. I guess I just won't be able to get it through to them.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When SS comes for a visit, talk to him and prepare him to keep his pee in the toilet. Tell him that you and he will inspect the bathroom when it is time for him to leave. If it is full of urine, give him the gloves and the cleaner and he isn't leaving until it is spic and span in there! Let him know when he arrives that these are going to be the rules. For the husband, same thing. Saturday morning hand him the pail and the gloves if he can't be more careful. It is a choice.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Make them clean it up.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I told my boys if they missed the toilet they had to clean it. I have a roll of Clorox wipes under the sink and after they pee they can wipe it up.

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• how old is he and what kind of relationship do you have with him. when my ss was littler im going to say probably 8 or 9 when he came for the weekend he would poo and never flush it and then i found that he was takin my bath towels to wipe his ass folding them up and putting them back in the closet. he didnt like me and did ignorant shit like this all the time
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Definitely make them clean it up. You wouldn't ask them to clean up after you if you peed all over the place, so why should they do it and then make you clean it up?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my little brother used to do this. Everytime I went to the bathroom the toilet seat was soaked with pee. I wondered why wpomen bitched about the seat being left up! I would prefer having to put it down rather than go to the bathroom half asleep and sitting on a seat covered in piss. He stopped when he was 16. That was when I used his pillow to clean up the mess
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Worst case scenario,spread bath towels around the perimeter of the toilet!
    i feel ya. I have a son and husband as well.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• son I still make sit (he's 6) we'll try again this Summer.... he wants to stand but eww
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my ex was the same way.... got on my nerves so bad... it's like you're 32 years old, pee in the poilet already!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 3 boys and I have the same problem. One thing I started doing was making them clean up after themselves. So if I go in there and there is pee on the floor I make them clean it. They are older so it might be easier for me because of that. Maybe you should ask DH to clean the bathroom. If he cleans it then maybe it won't bother you so much.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011