In labor with twins at 35 weeks and 4 days. will they be ok

I was out one day when I started having contractions. I told my doctor and he checked me and I was dilated to almost 3 cm. I am only 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant, will my twins be okay? Oh and I had two steroid shots about a week ago to help their lungs develop faster. Someone please answer this.

erikalovesjerry

Asked by erikalovesjerry at 3:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• honey we are not doctors we cant predict that for you,but we will keep you and the babies in our thoughts and prayers. good luck mom
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think it is normal to have twins a little early? I hope you and your babies are ok.

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I will be praying for you and your lil gifts GOD BLESS dotn stress the dr. will take good care of you!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Lots of variables here hon. What are their weights? What position are they in?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm certain they will be fine. 2 of my 3 were born at 36 weeks... they were small, but were ready to go. You've had the shot- and there will be a team waiting to care for your little ones. :-) Don't stress- it'll make you feel worse. Relax and go with it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Although it's best to wait for delivery as long as possible, twins are born early very often and are perfectly healthy. There's no way to make a prediction, but sometimes even full term babies need to go in to the NICU for a little while. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 3:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I can't say for sure, but I think it's normal for twins to come early. I think they'll be fine!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I used to work OB/GYN and more than likely your twins will be just fine. Multiples tend to develop faster. A single can be born at 36 weeks with little problems and is actually considered a full term delivery. So with you at 35+4 weeks and already had steroid shots, you will more than likely have perfectly normal cuties here in a few hours.
    dance45133

Answer by dance45133 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my twins were born at 35 weeks and they didnt even have to go to special care and they went home with us. You will be fine, just relax and expect some tiny babes, good luck and if you need anything message me....btw, my twins are 5 now!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• ive read that at 35 weeks your baby has a 99% chance of survival im sure they will be fine
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011