It's been 2 months today since I miscarried...still no period or BFP...any ideas? What now? HELP PLEASE!

We want to be pregnant again SO bad but so far I haven't had a period or anything. I called my doctor's office and the nurse just told me to try taking a pregnancy test. I took 3. All negative. My HCG was tested to ZERO 6 weeks ago.

I chart but my chart has been all over the place since the miscarriage so it's not offering much help. :(

I have been cramping a lot for the past 3-4 days, mostly on the right side but some on the left. Cervix is tightly closed, high and medium in firmness.

Cervical mucus is clear to milk in color but there isn't much of it at all.

Any ideas as to what might be going on, how much longer I'm going to have to wait, and what I can do to move things along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It sounds to be like you need to relax :). Sometimes when we want something so bad and stress out over it our bodies don't respond right away. *HUGS*
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't mean to be rude but whoever came up with this "tell TTC women to relax" bullshit has obviously never been through a miscarriage or a long period of TTC.

I've TRIED "relaxing." As a matter of fact I completely quit charting, forgot about TTC and just went about my life for several weeks and GUESS WHAT.....NOTHING happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is obviously something going on here....I don't know if it's because of the miscarriage or it's hormones or what but SOMETHING is going on. I've made an appointment with my OBGYN but it's not for a few weeks.

I need some answers, REAL answers that involve factual information or experience. Telling someone to "relax" is not the friggen answer to every TTC problem out there.

I REALLY don't mean to be rude but I'm hurting and I'm frustrated and no flippen amount of "relaxing" is going to change that. A BFP will.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss , i had a miscarriage Nov, 23 of last year it was painful and will never forget it. I was just like you didnt get a period for a while and relaxing didnt do it for me after so many trip to the Dr to get my blood drawn i was going through hell, i got my period in January . So i guess you just have to wait i know its not easy but you just have to.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It took me a year to conceive after my miscarriage and I was only 7.5 weeks along. It depends on how far along you were and if you had a d&c or was it natural? (mine was natural) Everybody is different and it will happen when your body is ready. I know that is not the answer your looking for...it wasn't what I wanted to hear there.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Believe me I know the frustration of hearing "be patient" and "relax" or "it will happen when it will happen". I struggled to get pregnant with my first for over a year before finally conceiving her, and I had multiple miscarriages before I was able to successfully carry a baby. There is NOTHING more painful than wanting to be a mother, and not having a child.

The truth is, that the stress and worry and tears will not make it happen any faster, and with my first two children, I didn't get pregnant until I "gave up" and quit my fertility treatments, tracking, peeing on a stick every 6 seconds, etc. With my 2nd, I had even said "I'm not putting myself through what I went through to have my first" and we got our foster license to foster to adopt. About the time we received our license, I found out I was pregnant.

I really do understand that "putting it out of your mind" is next to impossible when you are desperate to be a mom!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Im very sorry for your loss. I also had a m/c june 2009. its very heartbreaking when all u want is a baby! It took my cycle 2 or so months to get back to normal, and even then it wasn't quite normal. It took us 4 months to get pregnant again. I hope you get pregnant soon. I know 4 months sounds like nothing, but when you want a baby that bad any amount of time seems like forever. Baby dust to you!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thank you for all the answers! I'm just going to see how things go until the 22nd and then see what my OBGYN suggests.

If I don't have AF or a BFP HPT then I'm going to talk to her about how to get things moving again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sorry for your frustration. I just miscarried at 6 weeks 4 days on Feb 28th and I am not even in the right mindset to try to conceive again...however, seeing that this is a strong desire of yours, I wish you nothing but the best!!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 6:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It may not help since the doc said ur not pregnant but when I had a miscarriage I didn't have my period at all after wards. They tested my hcg to 0 a month after the miscarriage and it still didn't come I went to the doc 6 wks later and they said it could be a month or more before it starts again but all they can do at that point is do another test and it came out that I was 6-8 wks pregnant never had a period and concieved it is dangerous cuz its more likly to miscarry again like that but i am now about 20 weeks. My point is it is posible to be pregnant and the home test not catch it in which u need another blood test or like with a full pregnancy after the baby is born it can take up to a year for your cycles to come back like normal. Don't worry about it much right now see the doc tell them the symptoms st
    And stress the thing your worried about to them. The may do a test a pap smear or an ultrasould
    brit101

Answer by brit101 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was kinda thinking on the same lines as brit101, I would test agian in a week it maybe too early for the hpt to catch. Keep temping that may give you an indaction if you are pregnant, otherwise I would ask the Dr about jump starting your period. DR's don't pregnancy that begin before your period after amc cuz it is to hard to date. There is a good website that may answer some of your questions http://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011