What do you think? ONE for the record books?

The federal government posted its largest monthly deficit in history in February at $223 billion, according to preliminary numbers the Congressional Budget Office released Monday morning.

That figure tops last February’s record of $220.9 billion, and marks the 29th straight month the government has run in the red — a modern record. The last time the federal government posted even a monthly surplus was September 2008, just before the financial collapse.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No its not one for the record books,because it just keeps rising.Ask yourself if the federal goverment shut down how would this effect me?Rationing stamps?It would hurt my small business in that who do i pay sales taxes to?
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Somehow I think that won't be the last record they make with this.
    Wow, Obama is doing so well. Someone tell me how this is helping?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's not just Obama though Steph...he's not acting alone and never has been. I think we have lots of elected officials to thank for this, on both sides. Our system is set up to be disfunctional and unless it gets dealt with this will continue to happen. Either we keep spending and stay in the red or we cut important programs that we all use and need.

It's a shitty system, not the fault of a single individual.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• This is NOT a record one should be proud of!! But then again, I'm not a tax and spend liberal!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's a shitty system, not the fault of a single individual.

***
    That's only true when there's Democratic president! When it's a Republican president he becomes SOLELY responsible....for everything!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's not just Obama though Steph...he's not acting alone and never has been. I think we have lots of elected officials to thank for this, on both sides

As Harry Truman said "The buck stops here" Obama has his signature as stamp of approval on all of it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011