Protective order & visitation

This morning I had court for custody & visitation. of course there ''father'' showed up. To make a long story short, after court ended we get outside and he tells me "i'm going to put a bullet between your eyes" .... cops got involved, and I now have an emergency protective order against him, I go tomorrow to file for a ''regular'' one (this one only lasts 72 hrs), of course NO contact between the ''father'' and I,....but what about my kids, I don't want my kids around him, he's psycho. Before leaving the court room the judge tells me to let there father see my kkids (he doesn't WANT to see them) but now I dont want them to see him even if he does.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• You should be able to add the kids to you protective order, I wonder why they didn't add them to it in the first place. If he's making threats like that to you what is to say he won't to you kids or even tell them some crazy stuff that he's going to kill you. Or even run with your kids.
    Sorry you dealing with this and good luck.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well when you go in for the 72 hour one make sure you have a copy of the police report or a police officer who was there with you and add the kids to the protective order. Once you go in for the one year order the judge will decide where to go from there.

Answer by gemgem at 3:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have already filed for the 72hour one, I have it, but he hasn't been issued it yet because I do not know where he lives. I go tomorrow morning for the 1year one or however long it is
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Your custody papers should have his last know address on them, I don't think they would file anything without that information from both of you
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 9:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• his last known address is the one i already know, they don't live there anymore, and yes they already granted me the 72 hr protective order.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I definitely would fight to get my kids on that protective order. There's no telling what he might do in order to hurt you, that includes hurting the ones you love the most. You and your LOs will be in my thoughts and prayers, Mama. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011