What is your teen son like?

How do you think your parenting while raising him has influenced who he is today?

Is there anything specifically you are glad you did, or wish you did/didn't do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My almost 15 yo son is GREAT I know this because people tell me ALL the time, the frustrating thing is he will work his butt off for ANYONE but if I ask him to do the dishes it will take 3 hours with a lot of "Jack? Where ARE you? FINISH the DISHES!"
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My 16 year old is pretty great, and I hear it all the time as well. He's able to articulate and have open conversations. He's very friendly, helpful and kind. He helps around the house and surprises me a lot of the time, going out of his way occassionally. The flip side is I get really annoyed with the fact he won't get a job, mainly because I get so tired of paying for everything, our agreement is he'll work at home and so far so good, but I worry alot that he's going to miss out on some important lessons as far as budgeting both time and money. I don't think I did really good job at this. Otherwise I feel I did pretty good job with every other asepect.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My 17 year old is awesome! He goes to school, works and pays for everything he wants/needs himself (includes the car (which he bought on his own) and gas and cell phone and clothes and activities and so on). Never been in trouble, respectful, etc. I get wonderful compliments all the time. I wish he'd help more around the house but between homework and work and a little bit of friends time, there's only time left to sleep. Still, if I ask, he'll always accommodate!
    Anonymous

• he is wonderful/ frustrating/ driven/ lazy/ hard on himself/ kind to family/ intolerant of stupidity/ he is a jumble of contractions and the spitting image (emotionally) of his father. Im soooo proud of who he is growing up to be.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My boys are both pretty good kids. They are both responsible, self-reliant, and hard working. They make decent grades and work. I ma very proud of them.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 7:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son is awesome! A lot of people tell me he is such a nice kid. He's always very friendly, responsible, hard working, he gets good grades, he's very respectful, and he's a sweetheart. Not to mention he's hilarious! He always makes me laugh if I'm having a bad day.
    austinsmom95

Answer by austinsmom95 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My 14 yr old is an amazing teen. I am not just saying this, I am told all the time!! He is respectful kind, intelligent, helpful, caring.....but he is also lazy, irritating, etc. He is perfect to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Today our teenager isn't exactly the one what My DH & I desire him to be as. But he is almost on the right track. I was a hands on mom for him. Did almost everything for him from decorating his room with a green background(his room had big posters of natural habitat pasted), made all his soft toys, used to bring many story books for him, both he & me used to spend a lot of time together but he got a lil spoilt with his peer group in his early teenage. Now with our combined efforts(my DH & mine) he has started improving...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:22 AM on Mar. 10, 2011