my babygirl is colic. how can i calm it down?

it also interfers with her sleeping so we both dont get sleep

hoeimfamous

Asked by hoeimfamous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can get this at any drug store, and it WORKS

MYLICON® and gas is gone. A crying baby doesn't always mean colic ...

Learn why pediatricians and moms alike count on MYLICON®, and pick up valuable tips on everything from acid reflux to colic.
    www.mylicon.com/ - 26k

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• lavender and chamomile insents and lavender massage oil from johnsons and johnsons
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I made a chamomile and anise tea with a small amount of honey, I cooled it and gave it to her in a smll bottle (1oz) before bed and it really helped. The Dr. told me honey was a No, No but it worked for me.
    GHENNIVA

Answer by GHENNIVA at 1:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Ghenniva- I think infants under 1 can't have raw honey. I wonder if putting it in hot tea cancels out it being raw?
    op- your dd could have a number of things. It could be gas or reflux. Have you gone to the Dr about it? Do you smoke- smoking can contribute to colic.

Here's a helpful link for you:
    http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/infant_colic.html#3
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:00 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• To help a colicy baby sleep, learn to swaddle, and swaddle TIGHTLY. I used a very stretchy microfiber blanket. Invest in a white noise machine ... they're only about $20, and the white noise is soothing to a colicy baby. Are you nursing or formula feeding? If you're nursing, keep a food journal to track anything that you eat which might be making the colic worse. The most common offenders are dairy, soy, and cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, etc). If you're nursing, DON'T switch to formula, it can make colic worse. Pick up a copy of The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp, it helps a LOT. Much love going out to you.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 1:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• if none of those suggestions work for you you can put her on nutramigen by enfamil formula my son was the same way and alo his doctor put him on mylanta 1/4 teaspoon 2 times a day and he is doing wonderfull
    rjsjjs1

Answer by rjsjjs1 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I also put my son on nutramigen. He was so miserable because his sytem wasn't debeloped enough to digest formula after I dried up. It is expensive, but if on WIC can get it through them. Also go to Enfamil.com and sign up for their info and you'll get coupons. And my son was only on it for 6 weeks until we began to introduce soy. Did this by mixing the formula, because a sudden switch of formula shocks their system and makes them so miserable. I did this by mixing 4 cups of formula a day and making the bottles. I put 1 scoop soy and 15 scoop of nutramigen and adjusted scoop by scoop every day or every couple days until off nutr. Then he was great. There is also mylicon, or Baby's Bliss Gripe Water. Gently rub their belly clockwise as well, helps with digestion.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2008