How did you tell your family you were pregnant again?

I am 11 weeks pregnant again with our second baby we have a little girl who is 8 months.. I am nervous to tell our family that we are pregnant.. In fear they make have an opinion on not waiting a full year. When should I tell them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Who cares what they think? Tell them when you're ready. Don't let how they will react stress you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I fell pg again when my twins were 15 months, and worried what family would say. People who I saw day to day and knew I'd been feeling a bit rough, all I had to say was "I've got some news - you know how I haven't been feeling that well lately...." and it clicked immediately!!
    My mum lives a few hours from me so I rang her and just told her and the first words uttered out of her mouth were "OHHH NOOOO. " in a long deep voice, followed by "How are you going to cope?" Yeah thanks mum.
    You can't control people's reactions with how you tell them, so just spit it out hun. Just have your guard up for people who can be tactless so you keep smiling and don't get upset xxx
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 3:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Great Question i was wondering the same thing!!! im not prego but i know my fam would be pretty disapointed in me. However it is YOUR life you are going to liveit the way you want and do the best possible job you can and CONGRATS mommy!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Tell them enthusiastically with a giant smile on your face like you are about to burst with excitement. It makes it really difficult for someone to act upset by the news.

Honestly, you are the mother, and if you are not relying on them for anything, then your decision when/if to have more children is between you and your partner.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I told my parents by putting a t-shirt on my son that said I'm the big brother. Then I just waited for them to read it. It was kinda fun butI was in a totally different situation. My son was almost 2.5
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I did the t-shirt thing, too but she was two. Easter is just around the corner...maybe get some plastic eggs and write a note in each one breaking the good news! Plus you have the whole rabbit theme...lol, just kidding!! =) It is great news, and you will probably get some opinions, but the fact is a baby is a blessing and no matter how close, it should be celebrated! Congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• thts wht i was thinkging about if it would be to happen again. my idea was to wait til i start showing
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 5:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my family is the same way, we aren't made of money, and we don't care...we have a 7month old and our family makes some comments about waiting too..well if you keep waiting b/c someone else has an opinion then you would probaby never have more..lol..if it's right for you then it's the right time!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I got my son a shirt made that said"big brother in training", needlesss to say my mom was completly oblivious to the shirt, till i called her and asked if she had read Kaydens shirt. she said ya but i dont remember what it said. lol., once i told her what it said, she said"was i supposed to believe the shirt"
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 7:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was about 6 weeks.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011