Small Town, Suburbia, or Big City?

I have always lived in mid to large suburban areas but now in my 40's live in a small southern country town. I had always romanticized small town America, and for the most part it has lived up to what I thought it would be.

How 'bout you, what type of area do you live in, do you love it? Is there some type of lifestyle you have always romanticized?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Born and raised in the suburbs, and loved it. Now I am in a small town and love it more.

Answer by gemgem at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• COUNTRY! I've got just a few neighbors and love it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i live in a microscopic town in the mountians of california. well, it's not that micorscopic, about 10,000 people but it's till pretty small. the only other place i would love to live would be in a beach area, like newport or long beach. that's really it. i love it up here.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 5:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Born and raised in Boston, now living in PA in a country/suburban area...LOVE IT!! I love having ALL the conveniences of living NEAR a city/metropolitan area, without having to LOOK at it or HEAR it constantly!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have lived in big cities, suburbs and rurally. Now I live in a beach town with a population of 10,000 people. I love living on the coast.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I live out in the middle of nowhere, AKA Podunk, USA, which is neither a small town, a big city nor Suburbia. It is an extremely rural area with no next door neighbors, no noise, no craziness. My closest neighbor is 1 mile down the road. It is tranquil and it is where I can become at peace with nature. I would not want it any other way. The lights and the noise of the big city are not for me. I have lived in the city before and I felt so out of my element. I could not wait to get back to the country and to the peace and quiet that I have grown to love and enjoy.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 12:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I grew up in the city. I used to love driving to the country, and now, I live here! I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I live in a small town, I have a dairy farm five minutes away from me. The "big city" is 15 minutes away from me. I like it because I'm not to far away from stuff but far enough away to not deal with big city stuff. The one issue I have is grocery shopping our local grocery store is expensive so I have to drive to find a cheaper store.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• City! I live in Seattle and love the city
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I LOVE and thrive to live in the great big city!!! I'm okay with the 'burbs...for now. I would never do a small town again, as I grew up in one and just find it stifling.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011