Is it bad to feed a 14 mth old baby food?

I feed my son fruit babyfood with oatmeal sometimes for breakfast and a friend told me I shouldn't feed him babyfood..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 14 months? He should be eating bits of table food but baby food in oatmeal isn't a bad thing. It's just adding fruit to his oatmeal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No,I'd be encouraging him to feed himself,but the food itself isn't harmful,its still food,just pureed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He can eat the same food you're eating, just in small bits.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I guess I'm not anon anymore lol but I do feed him what I eat as well and he can feed himself but when I don't have fresh fruit available I like to keep fruit in his diet. And he LOVES it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• On the box, (well the Gerber ones) it says the nutrients in the cereals are good for baby until age 2. I believe no doubt, their greatest reason for saying that is so we'll keep buying the product until 2. That's capitalism for ya. Anyways, sometimes when my 8 month old don't finish a serving, her 2 year old sister gladly takes over. She hasn't got sick or anything from it yet. I think it's fine.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Nothing wrong with it. I still feed my 19 month old fruit in babyfood because she doesn't like the texture of regular fruit. it keep fruit in her diet and gives me peace of mind :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son was a choker and had texture issues so he was on baby food along with solids longer than some - it is fine and not unhealthy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• when my youngest was eating babyfood at 6 months my middle was 19 months and would be curious what i was feeding her sister and wanted some. she continued to eat some of the baby's food for weeks after that, and it didn't harm her. she was still eating her own table food too. its the same as regular food just pureed, but it is important to start giving them different textures.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• as long as it's not all he's eating. my two year old loves baby food.
    it's just like different versions of applesauce.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 7:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son is almost 13 months old and I still feed him jarred baby food at times.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2011