How do you make other kids play nice too?

My sd is 16 months old and he plays very nice with other kids. He has older siblings as well as I set up play dates with some of my friend kids that are not in school during the day. Just recently my little guy was playing with another kid(age 26months) and for no reason at all she hits him, through things at him when she gets mad. her mom does put her in time out when she acts like this, but I don't want my baby whos smaller to get hurt so how can me and her mom help her to be nice.

P.S. She's an only child

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids do this, and it won't be the last time your child is on the other end of someone hitting. Children don't understand the full extent of their actions, but it sounds like the mom is addressing it, and you are right there and that's about all you can do.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My mom always said "Let's play nice". That way the mother doesn't get offended if she's sitting there and not paying attention and the child realizes she's busted!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• you can't make other kids play nice, as much as you want to sometimes. all you can do is hope the other mom addresses the behavior, and if not, don't let your child play with the other child anymore.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011