How do I know if I have Jewish blood?

I just saw a history video of over 20,000 jews who migrated to mexico in 1926. I dont know my family, i was raised in foster care.

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 3:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• there are tests to determine your lineage. the 1st one that came up when i googled is www.familytreedna.com. looks like the price is less than $200 for everything. GL to you finding out.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Discover all you can about your family from files. That's about the only thing you can do. That said, if you want to be practice Judaism officially, go through the process, learn and convert.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'd petition the court for my birth records to begin with

Answer by admckenzie at 3:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Are you referring to having Israeli blood because Jewish is a religion,not a race

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was born in Mexico.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes, thats, what i mean.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• To @butterflyblue19 Historically the jewish people have been isolated giving them specific genetic markers. Up until very recent modern times jews did not marry outside their religion. Also my family (the jewish side that is) immigrated from Poland, but the shtetl (town) was often a part of Russia as border contastantly changed inthe area. It is now considered a part of Belarus.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Do you know your family's name? I'm Jewish and I live in Mexico and we're a small and close community.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Because when i breifly contacted my dad after foster care, he told me that Jesus was not God and that he was just a regular man. Also my family is from the area the Jews settled. I just want to know if there is a connection.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011