How do i start potty training?

i want to potty train how do i go about it

meilasmama

Asked by meilasmama at 4:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sorry I can't help but I am in same boat so will be interested to read others' answers...! There are websites about it though I'm sure
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 4:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With my 2 boys i started by introducing them to the potty by identifying when they were going number 2 and setting them on the potty with their diaper and all & letting them do their business. After they're acquainted i start taking the diaper off. they can also make faces when they are going pee they kinda just stand their with this blank stare. but thats how i got started.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i have a daughter but w/ boys i heard putting a few cheerios in the toilet and having them aim and hit them is a catchy game...??
    meilasmama

Comment by meilasmama (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Introduce the child to the potty...let them sit on it with a diaper or pull up on and get use to it..do that for a few days then start taking them to use the potty after about a week and ask them every thirty to forty-five min if they need to go potty and even if they say no take them to try anyway and eventually they will potty in their toilet them give them a treat for using the potty (something they don't get often like a little piece of candy like one m&m)
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2011