How old was your child when you started potty training?

And how did you do it?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started at 18 months child led then when she got to 80% at her own pace (Me encouraging her to go and taking her lead as to how much she wanted to do- never pressuring her- no potty training boot camp.) I started to encourage her to Finnish up. She was done at 2 years 8 months. One day I just took the diapers away.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my oldest was about 27 months. i took her to the potty every so often and rewarded her everytime she went. it took about 4 months for her to be fully potty trained.

i also have two younger children, one who is turning 27 months this month and she is not ready at all. it varies with each child.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my 1st, we started soon after she turned 3. we had her sit on the potty every hour at 1st and then moved to every two hours. slowly she began to tell us when she had to go.

my 2nd, just turned 3 and we haven been working on it slowly for 3 or 4 months.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 4:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We did it when DS turned 2, and were very successful using the 3 day method (I can e-mail it to you if you want, just PM me with your e-mail address). It was AWESOME!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Both were potty trained by around their 2nd bdays. Once you start you just have to stick with it. When we were home NO DIAPERS. except while sleeping. Every 1/2 hr or so ask if they need to go just keep reminding them.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 4:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my oldest was 15 mths potty trained by 22 mths. I did it by introducing him to the potty with his diaper on when he was going number 2 and when he got that downpact i took away the diapers & let him run around bottomless and when he peed i stoped him and ran him to the bathroom and set him down. i let him turn around in his own time. my youngest i started at eighteen mths, not cuz i started with my eldest too soon but because they were at different paces. My 1st started walking at 10 mths while my 2nd didnt start walking till a little after he turned 1. so the time difference was appropriate for them, he still isnt potty trained but he is only 19mths now.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I haven't started to potty train my son yet however they say that the window of opportunity is 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We made several attempts with my daughter from the time she was almost 2 until now just turned 3 . The first few days on the this last attempt I went naked bottom approach for a few days and had great success with it. She never had an accident when she was naked. Then I went to underwear and pullups . Pull ups used only for nap then back to underwear. had a few accidents after nap time. But she figured it out real soon. We have dry naps now but not dry nights but we are almost there. Every child learns and goes at their own pace. If they arent ready they arent ready. you just need to try and try again
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011