Why do people ask dumb questions and then get mad when their given a dumb answer??

My loving, dear partner had the nerve to actually ask me if I put laundry soap in the washing machine, with the dirty clothes. So I ended up giving her a snotty comment(I don't even know what said). But it irritated to high heaven. I hate when she does this.....because my mom does the same crap to me too!!!

RainbowMom132

Asked by RainbowMom132 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I hear ya,its almost an insult to your intelligence. I probally would've said something sarcastic right back at her.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think you should tell her not to hover over your actions because it makes you really upset.
    Anonymous

• LOL!!! Well, I guess she didn't think it was a dumb question. Or, she wasn't thinking? Maybe SHE forgot to once, and was projecting, and was actually hoping YOU had forgotten too. So she wouldn't feel so bad. IDK. But, if she does it often, not just this time, then I guess it's just her nature. I'd say make a game out of it, and turn it around. I would. Maybe she will stop.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't know, I ask dumb questions all the time and don't realize they are dumb until I get the answer lol!~~ I think we all just brain fart sometimes..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think I will try that Raine, but I do have the distinct feeling that she will just get b*tchy with me. I dislike it sooooo much!!!! To the point where one dumb ? will put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day(I hate being mad at her because it breaks my heart, and I internally cry about it) but she just won't stop doing it!!
    RainbowMom132

Comment by RainbowMom132 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Personally, I'm not seeing why asking that question would upset you so much. But hey, that's me.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I say this all the time to my DH, because he will ask some of the dumbest questions my reply is ask a dumb question get a dumb answer! so his reply back to me is ya know there are no dumb questions only dumb answers lol, it never ends!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• rolling on floorsorry but that struck my funny bone.  straight women marry their dads and you seem to have married your mom!

sorry... Im sure it IS frustrating but it just really hit me as funny when you said she does the same thing as your mom.  just breath deep and remember all the wonderful things she does... Im sure there are many.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's not the question itself that bothers me it's the fact that she asks me dumb questions all the time and it drives me crazy!!
    RainbowMom132

Comment by RainbowMom132 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh yeah trust me SAH I've DEFINITELY come to that conclusion. I am marrying my mother. Lol they are so alike it's sickening. But I ALWAYS knew that my future spouse would be like my mother because me and my mom are best friends.
    RainbowMom132

Comment by RainbowMom132 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011