What are some meals you can make for under 10.00 a day?

I have a family of 5 2 hungry boy 1 hungrey man, and one hungry girl teen and hungry mom me. What are some meals that cost less then 10.00 a day to make for a family of 5.
Name all items for each meal

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 4:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'm in the same boat you would think at my age I'd have it figured out by now and I have four kids and they all love to eat like horses. It would be really cool if I could hire someone to take me shopping and show me how to make healthy meals at a low cost.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a bunch of recipes but not enough room to put it here lol. Ill give you one. Hamburger Stroganoff.

1lb hamburger
    1 package of egg noodles
    1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom (large can)
    1 can of chicken broth
    1/4 cup chopped onion

Fry hamburger and boil noodles. Once both are cooked mix together with remaining ingrediants. It should be creamy if not add a little bit of milk to it. I usually serve this with a ready made salad kit ($1.50 at Walmart).

Answer by gemgem at 4:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Red beans and rice.: package of dried beans, tomato sauce, ground turkey (or go vegan), onions, rice
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Every meal I make costs me less than $10. Every meal has meat, too. I'm feeding 4 kids who can eat as much as an adult, plus 2 adults that like to eat. And we usually have leftovers.
    Anonymous

• Here are a few of my favs:

One Dish Baked Chicken and Vegetables

Hamburger and Noodle Casserole

also Chicken Over Rice, which is simply a rice mixture of cream of mushroom, cream of celery, cream of chicken soups, french dressing, milk, and butter mixed together with rice and pour of chicken breasts. 

Also, you can make some fresh vegetable pita pizzas.  Just use fresh veges, fresh mozzarella, a pizza sauce on pita breads. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Pack of Chicken Drumsticks (18)- $4.50 - Sav-A-Lot (Each pack's priced by weight, the cheapest are @ the bottom of the stack)
    2 boxes of Mac & Cheese - 59 cent a piece - Sav-A-Lot
    2 cans of Whole Kettle Corn (or any canned veggies) - 59 cent a piece -Sav-A-Lot
    Loaf of Bread - 89 cent a loaf - Sav-A-Lot

Even with TAX, this meal will be less than $10 and it should feed everyone and buy your own bags with the change. If you don'[t have flour or cooking oil to fry the chicken, the BAKE it w/ some seasoned meat tenderizer and pepper. (Both also less than a dollar @ Sav-A-Lot)
    Hope this helps, Good Luck!
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• stir fry
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't know what its called - but I put smoked sausage, red potatoes, green beans and corn in a crock pot w/a little salt and pepper.
    Chili
    pinto beans and rice w/corn bread
    I cook a whole chicken and shred it i for bbq chicken sandwiches, oven fried potatoes and a vegetable
    Vegetable soup

I could go on, I hope this helps.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Come on over to Healthy Home, Happy Budget.

it's a group here on cm. NotPanicking has all kinds of good guides to help you get started.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• U also can use corn flakes if u don't want fried chicken with all the oil. Corn flakes are a good sub
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011