What do you think of the oil Prices?

What do you think about the gas prices? Where are you located?what are you paying? How many gallons are you getting?

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 4:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It stinks! $3.48 per gallon/$55 to fill up. That's in Ohio.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I HATE the futures market. It makes gas prices jacked up all the time, often for no real reason. I guess it's just part of what happens when you've got so much money you can make a game out of anything.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think its stupid that the speculators are driving up the prices when right now there has been no disruption in getting oil. I also think our reserves should have been opened up long before now. I just paid close to $50 to fill up at $3.49 a gallon in Western NC. I go through about a tank and a half a week because my car (Mustang) doesnt get the best mileage in the world.

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• it is what happens when banks finance speculators in the commodities and hedge markets , It could be stopped if governments had the political guts but they don't .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's gouging, plain and simple gouging
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It sucks, We need to DRILL
    This is such a cool little graph. You can check and compare gas prices for past months or years in many cities

Link text
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think it's CRAP! Crappity Crap CRAP!
    Anonymous

• The Oil Prices are rediculous! I can't understand why they keep going up?? I don't watch a whole lot of news...but it still seems way too drastic of an increase! I'm just glad I don't have to drive to the store very often anymore! my car does NOT get good gas mileage!!
    GrnMommyofTwins

Answer by GrnMommyofTwins at 4:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It sux! EVERYTHING costs more these days!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• As long as the market will sustain the price, it will continue to rise. Right now, it's time for me to stop making two trips to the store each week, a luxury I allowed us until it hit 3.10. I simply cannot store the amount of fresh fruit we eat in a week. DH and I like to shop together, so we did it twice a week. Right now, one of us will stop on the way home as much as possible.

We are not the only ones making these cutbacks, I know.

As people start to do more and more to save precious pennies, hopefully this will eventually force them to drop the prices. (not the only factors at play, obviously) My concern is really the timing of all of this...things are still pretty bad..all the prices going up and the fed forcing inflation...this could go bad. Not just bad but super bad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011