Ideas or activities to do with my 2 yr old son during the winter

Seriously, I don't plan on taking him out much this winter but I'm looking for some ideas of activities that we can do. Finger paints only keep him happy for so long. Help, I'm starting to get the urge to pull my hair out and I don't want to just plop him in front of the tv.

jcusackrules

Asked by jcusackrules at 12:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• www.dltk-kids.com
    http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/index.htm
    www.family-fun.go.com
    these are all great places with tons of activties that go by age and even season, hope it helps
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• make ooblek. all it is a cornstarch and water mixed. it is AMAZING. his sensory experience will be awesome. also, my toddler loves the white board and markers. big boxes are always fun for kids. also, stick him in his diaper in the bathtub and let him go to town with shaving cream, when you rinse it away your tub will be clean! you can make cheap toys by taking some rice and putting it in a water bottle, add a little food color and let him shake shake shake some music. also, sensory bottles are cool. take some water and oil (50/50), add some cool stuff like glitter or pom poms or curly ribbon and shake. forts out of sheets are a big hit too. make your own playdough. the best recipe ever is 1 cup water, 1 cup flower, half cup salt, 2 tbs. oil, 2 tbs cream of tarter and heat on stove for about 1 minute.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You could make a tent out of chairs and blankets and pretend all sorts of stuff. My son loves it and he's only 2.5. Thanks for asking this question, since my son hates wearing hats, any long sleeve shirts or pants and I'm not sure I'm even going to attempt gloves!! LOL
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Hey,

How about letting him help you with the cleaning and maybe some cooking but only simple.
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 10:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Go to some websites. My son is three and absolutely loves the sesame street games. There are games and activites and even videos. You can also go to pbs sprout. Since he is 2 some of the games may be a little hard but try it you never know. I am sure with your helping him at first he will catch on quickly.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Someone did this and my son played for an hour! They took a big tub and put corn meal (several bags) in it. Threw in some measuring cups and wooden spoons and let him have at it. It sweeps up easily, and is non-toxic. It does make a little mess, but if you put a plastic painters tarp underneath, really no problems. It's like having a sand box indoors:)
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 3:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008