Dentures???

After I see the responses from other people about this question I will post another one that is similar. My question is: does anyone here have Dentures and if so, what caused you to get them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• not yet but need them
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Why do you need them?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sorry to ask personal questions and I hope it doesn't bother you to answer them. I just need peoples opinions and information about their circumstance. I appreciate any info that is given.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I do. I had 2 babies back to back and with both babies I had severe (SEVERE = needed tube feedings after losing over 75 pounds) hyper-emesis. The non stop vomiting coupled w/ the renal failure I was suffering from caused my teeth to become mush. Biting into an apple slice would cause a tooth to crumble. By the time I delivered my 2nd child within 19 months my gall bladder went wonky and during the surgery to remove my gall bladder, the breathing tube knocked out 2 front teeth. At that point I had no foundation for veneers (not that we could afford them anyway!) so dentures were the only real option on the table.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When I was sixteen ( 28) now I got pregnant with my dd. I was scared and didn't tell my parents, due to that my dd still needed prenatal care witch I niglected to do couse I was so young. I ended up getting ginivitis in my gums, witch decayed all/ most of my teeth.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thats sad hibbing,
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Kimberly - it was a sad time....lol. I like to say at least I lost my teeth & gall bladder instead of my mind!!!!!!! And marriage survived it, too, which defied the odds. My husbands job was not supportive and he ended up getting fired. Turned out to be a blessing because when baby #2 was seven mos. old I needed a knee replacement and the new job was *awesome* and very understanding, family friendly, etc. I am happy to be alive, walking, off dialysis, etc. Convincing my husband to have a 3rd baby is my biggest problem in life right now, lolz

Also you're a good walking poster child for prenatal care now. See? Silver lining :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Don't you worry about the effect that having another baby can put on your body. I no I should be the last one to tell you that couse I'm a mom of three kids and I have a ss that I take care of. So me and my dh have four kids ages one to twelve. But other then my first child all my pregnancys were good, all three babys were very healthy. (hope your two little one were too). That might be what your dh is worried about. I hope everything goes good.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• So hibbing, how long ago did you get dentures and how much did it cost?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thats a really good question that I wanted to know too.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011