For those with more then 2 kids- is it hard in todays world to have more then 2?

I currently have a daughter who is 5 and my son will be 1 at the end of March.

I would love to have another baby in another year but my husband thinks with the economy that it will be to hard to raise 3.

What do you moms think who have more then 2 currently?

We are not struggling by any means with the 2 we currently have.

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 4:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am having a hard time raising 1 for the opportunities I want him to have for his future.. i think its a personal choice and a financial situation your family will have to look at
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 5 and 2 grandkids. My kids are 22, 18, 17, 11 and 6 and it isnt as hard as some people think it might be. You get used to it because it isnt as if you just start off with more then 3, you already have the 2 you have and would be buying for baby #3 while pregnant. Once the baby is here it is just added into the budget basically. If you are living pay check to pay check then it wouldnt be a good idea to add another person.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 4....and yes sometimes it's a struggle. Our school district may start charging for extra curriculars(band, sports, etc) The cost of food has gone up as has the price of gas. We earn good money but we still have to be careful. You never know what's going to happen.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 5:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 3. Ages 5, 2, & 8 months. It is tough for us right now. Of course it depends on your income and life style. I'm used to being spoiled and that just isn't happening these days.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's easy if you are wise with what you have. If you aren't above hand me downs, and buying generic brand everything. If you put your kids first, and know that love more than "extras" all the time is what they truly need.
    Anonymous

• Its a personal decision but honestly i think you adapt to whatever your life style is.
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It can be rough. We have 3 and this is the first year they are all in school, private school. It is expensive but worth the benefits. DS1 is considering public high school, which will free up some money for things like a vacation overseas. For now we make choices as how to frugally spend what money we do have.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Me and DH are 25, we have 5 kids.... 8,5,41 and 3 months, e is actve army, nd I have to say we do well, ut we get military housing, free trash, electric,water sewer, etc. we only pay for our car, insurance ( car) life and medical is free, and phone, cell pnes, cumputer and cable! In the civilian word we would be suffering! I am a SAHM, and I LOVE it, and thanks to te army we are hapy and comfortable while Istay home! I think in the "real" world we would be hurtin'! He is Life army beause of our 5 kids! It wouldnt be air to them if he wasnt! Now I wat people to understand, we dont et our housing FREE we ge $1065 a month in Basic allowance for Housing, which pay for on-post housing and if we chos t l;ive off pot that we be all we got for housing d bills! We simply don see that money! But I recommend thi life to all struggling large families!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, almost 5 and 7 months). We're much better off than we were years ago. For most of the last 10 years we lived with family to make ends meet but then we declared bankruptcy and now rent a nice 3bed/2bath house with a yard and garage, our truck is almost paid off and we will officially be out of debt next summer. We don't have the newest stuff, only 1 car, shop at the Goodwill and Wal-mart, don't take vacations, etc but we aren't hurting either. It's all about priorities. We don't believe our kids/family needs the best of everything. Second hand is good enough for us. Wanting is good for building character. My husband makes like 35k/year normally (last year he made a ton more because of OT) and I'm baffled by people on here that only have 1 or 2 kids and can't live off of 40-50k/year. We chose to move across the country to a cheaper area so we'd be better off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 3, and honestly things may get a little tighter but I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that we don't splurge on big items very often and it is hard sometimes but we make it work!!
    cl1998

Answer by cl1998 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011