What your elementry schools lunch and breakfast menu like? I make my kgarden eat at school because I was making her lunch and she was only eating 1 bit out of the whole lunch and I wasn't making it for her to waist anyway,

March menu.
1. mozzarella sticks, green beans apples (where is the main course)
2. no school
3. roast turkey & gravy, mashed potatoes and oranges
4. nachos supreme corn and peaches (this use to my fav in school)
7. chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and gravy and oranges
8. hamburg, beans and fruit
9. pizza salad banana
10. ham and cheese stromboli, fries and oranges
11. bbq meatballs corn and a roll (what young kids likes bbq)
14 same as 7
15. mac and cheese, pea and carrots, roll and pears (again where is the mail course)
16. pizza, salad, ranch dressing oranges
17. chicken finger wrap, salad pineapple
18. hanburg, apple sauce (where is the rest of it)
21.) chicken nuggets, corn,fruit
22. corn dog, brocolli and oranges
23. pizza, salad apples
24. soft taco, peaches and salad
25. chicken leg, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, pears and corn bread
28. chicken nuggets, fries and oranges
29. french toast, sausage fruit juice and pears
30. pizza, salaad, banana
31. beef & macaroni casserole, salad, fruit
the first of April. pb&jelly, pretzels, baby carrots, applesauce

breakfast
monday, and Wednesday and friday is whole graind mini loaf, string cheese (what is that?)
Tuesday and Thursday cereal and yogurt (which is fine)
isn't bad, but somedays they don't even put a main coursethen like last month they had a crosont with chili (what elementry kids like chili? Some, but not a lot). Sees a lot diffrent when I was in school. I guess they pick something out of each food group to serve

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• i don't have a clue what my son's school has for lunch. .. he is a VERY picky eater.. so i make him lunch. he is usually pretty good eating everything i make him.

my daughter is in preschool is they have lunches there and she is not allowed to bring lunch..
    turkey an cheese sandwhiches tater tots an pineapple
    chicken nuggets bread an butter peas an pears
    chicken patty sandwhiches green beans an oranges
    chicken a cheese quesadilla carrots an apples

that is just for this week.. there are only a couple things out of the month my daughter doesnt like. she is a good eater :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Our lunches suck. But the breakfast program is pretty good. We have a grant though for kinders & they get hot meals every morning. They get pancakes, eggs, sausage, toast, bisquits and gravy and things like that. I pack her lunch though. What I put in her lunch is better then anything theyd ever serve her. She only gets to eat at school when there is a favorite she might want, and thats maybe once a week? Otherwise its a sandwich (tuna, ham, pb&j), apple sauce or fruit slices, carrots, apples, banana, or crackers & usually a pudding snack for dessert.

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son hates his lunch at school, but he loves the breakfast! I am concerned because it is usually pancakes, sausage, and some kind of fruit in heavy syrup,,, at lunch I know he never eats his veggies,, I tried packing lunch for him, but most of it didn't get eaten, for some reason at his school the seperate the "hot lunch" and the ones who bring it from home,, IDK what to make of that, but anyhoo, he is growing, and I sneak in raw veggies and fruit when I can1 I feel your pain though!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My school district is crap crap crap.

This week lunches worst things include Trix brand yogurt, marshmallow krispy treats, and plenty of nasty canned fruit swimming in heavy syrup.

I send my sons lunch to school with the exception of 2 or 3 days a month. Always the breakfast day (french toast and sausage) because it's his absolute favorite thing on the planet and also there is 1 day a month w/ a NEW promotional item. This month the new promotional item is herbed pita chips w/ hummus dip. Kind of a bummer since he eats that weekly .... but it'll be nice for me to not have to pack a lunch that morning.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You mentioned where the main course was for mac and cheese? MAC and CHEESE would be the main course.

My son is in high school and they have choices of things like grilled chicken sandwiches, burgers, wraps, hot wings, fruit and veggies. A pretty good variety of yogurt, and other things to go with it.

BTW, your sons lunches sound good..a variety.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Our school has a variety of many, and basic things........hamburgers, pizza, macaroni, tacos, fahitas, a choice of sandwich (every day), salads, chicken nuggets, stuff like that.....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011