I have a lot to say and a lot to share....

but I'm afraid of coming across conceited or a Know It All. I would just like to share my experience to benefit others. Is there a way to do this without having someone judge you because of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Just be straight and say what you think. Do not be defensive. Do not judge people as wrong if they disagree with you. Why do you have so much to share. What is your experience.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• you should share and not worry whether people are going to judge. You never know someone might be dealing with the samthing and need some advice but is scared to ask for it.
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Do not do it anonymously. Use your screen name unless you are saying something that is so personal that it can cause you and your harm.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sometimes groups are better than Answers. Find a group that is relevant to what you need to talk about and usually it is was more supportive. People on answers have been judgemental and harsh lately, so I can understand.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That is a hard one. Most people think if you always have an anwer for something you are a "know it all" type person. Some times you just need to not give to much advice.

Answer by louise2 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just say it. As long as you do it respectfully you'll get almost all positive feedback. There is always someone out there who won't like what you have to say but that's their problem, not yours. What I love about this site is that I read lots of things that I get information from- there are questions and answers that always make me think or give me information I didn't know or had never considered. And I like feeling as though my experiences are helping someone else, and when I give my opinion to a question I feel like it is warranted considering the person came here to ask about the matter in the first place (as opposed to me just walking up to someone and giving unsolicited advice.) My DH likes to tease me that I come here so I can boss people around, but considering no one at home ever asks for my advice sometimes it's nice to feel like I have something to contribute.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You shouldn't worry about what others think, when asking a question ar giving your advise to us. Some advise is very helpful for me, I like cridisizim couse it could help me with my parenting now and in the future.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was mostly talking about in real life...I've experienced a lot and it's nice to share with everyone about things I can relate to.

I didn't really become self conciouse about it until I realized I was judging my husband for it, cause he seems to always have something to say about everything (but does it to judge others), so i started doubting what people thought of me and how people react to me. I don't want people to look at me like that. I should start by not judging him for what he says.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• on this site
    or in real life?

give your opinion, it is just that an opinion

and nothing you can do with the judgement, some people will, some will not, and some depends on subject matter
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Every judges so say what you want if help someone great the trueth hurts sometimes.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 9:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011