Teeth...please please please don't judge me!!!! ;(

I have some teeth that are broken due to my tongue being pierced(I have since removed my tongue piercing) and some damage due to soda pop. Some of my teeth are really bad!!! :( I haven't told my SO cause I'm scared my SO is going to leave me. and I know this is bad, but I don't brush my teeth anymore because my SO wants me to do it when they are doing and sometimes asks to see my teeth. ;(. It kills me to not tell my SO but I'm scared at the same time. We don't even have sex anymore because my self esteem is sooooo low. I don't know how to even begin talking with my SO about this. I avoid smiling, which depresses me. I'm so tired of being down because of it but idk what else to do. I'm at my wits end!!!! And I feel like a horrible mother. I wish I would of been smarter about my oral care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• Just go to the dentist, they should be able to help you with most of your dental problems
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am not judging you, but brushing your teeth will do a great deal to help the situation. One way I make myself feel better is shower in the morning, dress up cute, put some make up on, and do my hair. It makes me feel so much better about myself. Have you seen a dentist, they can fix the problems in your mouth. Just getting cleaning done every six months will help. Also, they can fix the chiped teeth. Start doing those things and you will feel SO much better about yourself :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Please please start brushing your teeth again. Its important to save what you have left.
    Anonymous

• Honey, my teeth are broken and I have always brushed them no less than twice a day, even when sick. Our dental insurance (when we still had it) SUCKED so I couldn't get them fixed. I was told that I brushed mine too hard and too much. Does it bother me that my teeth are broke? Sure, but I don't let it stop me from smiling.

Oh and if your SO would leave you over that, then do you really want him around? You need someone who will love you for you, accept your flaws as part of who you are.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I do understand, but brushing your teeth now will not fix the messed up ones. I have alot of the same problem, but when it comes to your so he already knows. If its not that bad a dentist could help. I feel the same way you do alot of the time but mu dh tells me that he loves me anyway and not to worry about it.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• How do I tell my SO? That is my main concern. I know by judging the damage is already done. And I'm probably looking at dentures in my future. But I'm scared of my SO judging my character. I know I was/am stupid for being neglectful of myself. I am so mad at my self for what damage I have caused myself. I, for some reason, thought I was invincible. :shakes head: now I'll have to live with my stupidity for life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Brushing wont "fix" the messed up ones but its important to personal hygiene! How can you not brush? I mean, breath wise? NOt being mean, just wondering how you can deal with that.
    Anonymous

• One step at a time sweetie! Start by brushing, like others have said, "it's not too late!"Brush and gargle with mouthwash.Just doing that will start to make you feel better. Then go see a dentist, what your saying can be fixed and when you do, you will feel sooo much better about yourself! If you keep letting them go your gonna feel worse and probably go through a lot of pain. Think enough of yourself!!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sweeting people will judge you no matter what you do...dont let the fear of being judged stop you from taking care of yourself.
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 5:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My dental care has been pretty much the same. When I talk people can see my problems. Next week is my first appt in years. i urge you to go. I feel like the only one who hasn't gone.. and maybe you feel the same. Now we know that we aren't the only ones. Use act mouthwash to try to preserve the ones you have. Also chances are your SO already knows. be upfront.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011