Why is it so difficult in the states to get your baby babtist

I am from germany and my 2 older girls were baptist in the same church as I was with no big problem. But in the states it seems so difficult. We are not married in church which seems to be a red flag for most chaplains and I don't go to church. It's all so difficult here and overwhelming. I have a little devil on my shoulder wispering worries in my ear. I have depression and I find it so hard to get up and do anything, say go to church. My kids wanna go. But I just ...can't. I feel so bad.

Mamivon3

Asked by Mamivon3 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• .. Yes i have not been able to baptise my son because of the same reasons... If you do find a church PLEASE let me know
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• To me baptism is something you should do when your ready to commit to promises you've made with God. Not just to be baptized. So, until they are ready, and maybe you could work on going yourself, I wouldn't just want to get it done.
    Anonymous

• I do believe in god and want my son to be baptist.
    Mamivon3

Comment by Mamivon3 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have never had a problem getting mine baptized. Call a Lutheran or Catholic church and see what they need to have it done. I wasnt married with my 1st and she was baptized by the Lutheran church no questions asked.

Answer by gemgem at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Which church are you talking about?? I know that many of the United Methodist and Presbyterian churches don't care where you were married as long as you were legally married. You can always renew your vows in a church in a religious ceremony. Keep searching, you'll find the right church for you if it is meant to be.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i got my first baptized at our local lutheran church with no questions. we were married at the time and we didnt go to church reguarly either. my second i havent dont it yet because life seems to keep getting in the way so it just hasnt gotten done. but even then i wouldnt have any problems.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• sorry we wernt married yet.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Our church is presbyterian and they would baptize your baby but they would only do it if you were a member...they won't just do it for a random person...maybe you could go talk to the priest/pastor/reverend and explain your situation so they will fully understand your situation!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am talking about catholic church. Me and the girls are Catholic and my husband is Methodist.
    Mamivon3

Comment by Mamivon3 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I wish I could help you but we believe that its best to wait until the child understands why there is baptism.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011