Do you think I'm overweight?

I'm just curious of others opinions, I feel that I am and really want to lose 20lbs. I weigh 185, and had my first child 7 months ago. Not much of an excuse anymore. Lol.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• twenty pounds sounds really good. after having a baby you might lose more than that without even trying. I'm on a weight loss kick too so good luck to you.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No ... but as you know, there are super judgmental people that will tell you that you are.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my baby is 9 months, and i still have 20 lbs to lose too : )
    i usually have the weight off by the time my babies are 1...i feel like i am really pushing it this time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you feel that you are over wieght maybe take baby on walks they also have dvds of exercises to do with baby they are FUN!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depends on how tall you are. If you are tall (like 5' 10") you are not overweight. My theory about baby weight it "9 months on, 9 month off" Give yourself some time. My youngest it 13 months and I still have 10 pounds to go.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• 185 and how tall. in general that does sound over weight but if you are a very tall big boned woman then perhaps it isnt too heavy.

Im 5'4" and it took me about 10mo. with my first child to loose the 60 lbs I had gained and get back down to 115.
    Anonymous

• try the BMI calculator, because it really depends on your height. you might be perfectly proportioned to your height, and not physically look 185 at all, kwim? but i like the BMI because i am overweight too by 8 pounds according to it, so i know where i need to be in order to be of a "healthy" weight which is my goal.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No . . . .I actually wouldn't even use that term with mommies of kids under 4. The kids are still wkaing up several times a night, you are sleep deprived, busy all the time . . . . normalcy doesn't happen for a while.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• and it took me a year to lose 80 pounds after my first, then i had two back to back and my youngest is 13 months. like i said, i am still overweight =) it takes time momma!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• like the other ladies said it depends on ur height....i try not to gain more than 35 lbs with my pregnancies and i give myself a time period of 4 to 5 months to lose all the weight plus more, yes i may be a bit tough on myself but its what works for me , i need to look a certain way so i can feel good about myself, but everyone loses weight at a different pace , it may be easier for some and harder for others. I say if ur ok with ur weight dont stress, if ur not try to exercise and eat healthy smaller meals. GL mama
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011