My baby is 3 months old and has a rash that comes and goes on her face and is now spreading to her body.

The Dr. says she has sensitive skin and she will improve. I've tried fragrance free soaps and lotions and nothing seems to make it go away completly,any suggestions?

GHENNIVA

Asked by GHENNIVA at 12:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD does that too, I use petroleum jelly and it works really well. My son was like that too and would get diaper rashes sooo easily, bag balm worked really well for that. Within one diaper change it would be gone.

perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• my daughter has very sensitive skin also, her doctor told me to use dove soap, and Aquaphor to keep her skin moistened. I can't use a lot of soap on her even the dove that he recommended
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My DD had that problem too....try Aveeno baby wash, it worked great for us.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• if you're using Dreft, SWITCH. Switch to a dye free and perfume free laundry detergent. Run a double rinse cycle in your washing machine to make sure that all of the detergent is washed out. Fabric softener is a no no with a child with sensitive skin. Look through your OWN lotions and perfumes and such, she might be reacting to something on you. Dove soap and Aquaphor as someone said above. Make sure you're applying the lotion while her skin is still damp. Oh, and make sure she's wearing fabrics that breathe, natural fibers. Things like poly blends keep sweat trapped against the skin and can make sensitive skin worse.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 1:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008