What do you do if someone steals ur identity?

I was trying to get a job and they called me back asking if i moved to another state and if i ever worked there before and they said my identity is stolen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Here's one of many sites available to give you a direction: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/pf/20010301a.asp
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh boy, I feel for you. Get a copy of your credit reports for sure to see what damage has been done.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• File a police report and also report it to all three credit bureaus ASAP.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Its totally not as simple as OPP is making it out to be, b/c the only thing a credit report will do is tell you that yes or no it has or has not been stollen. You need to to have it RESTORED, and Not everyone can do it.
    I can give you exact information on how to do that If you'd like to message me
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• This doesn't sound at all right to me- how would a potentiality employer know if your identity had been stolen? Sounds to me like they are trying to steal your identity. Check your credit report at annualcreditreport.com If it looks like someone did steal your identity, file a police report, put a credit free on your three credit bureaus- get the names and addresses of companies that say you owe them money- but you don't actually- and send them a copy of the police file.

It is going to take a lot of work- but you can fix your credit report on your own.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011