My 16 month old still has no teeth

My 16 month old still has no teeth! Nor does she show any signs of teething! We don't have dental insurance and I'm just needing so help on what to do or if anyone else has a child that still hasn't had a first tooth yet?

Sarah2116

Asked by Sarah2116 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you asked her pediatrician about it? I'd start there, as opposed to a dentist. That is pretty late!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• All kids r different.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would ask a pediatrician too. My aunt's youngest didn't get teeth until well after 2. They x-rayed his mouth, and they were all there. As a result, his teeth are very strong.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would ask her Pediatrician..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ask the Pediatrician or Dentist... GL
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 6:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well our doctor said not to have her x-rayed till 18 months. So we still have April till we take her. You can feel where one is at, but it won't bust through. She is our fourth child and this is the latest that we have ever had any of our children get teeth. Our 3rd child had got his first tooth at least by 13 months. I'm not panicking I just think its crazy that she still has not had her first tooth.
    Sarah2116

Comment by Sarah2116 (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Like some of the others have said I would too speak to your pediatrician. And just remember that every kid is different.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you dont like the answer her doctor gave ask another , there is nothing wrong in getting a second opinion . Even if there is nothing causing him not to have any teeth yet , there is no harm in asking for another opinion.
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was worried when my daughter was 12 mo and had only two bottom teeth. I asked my dentist and he said it was fine they usually get them by the time they are 2. She is now 19 mo and has six teeth. I can see the outline of more but like your child they are slow to come in.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That is crazy, I'm better the kid will get them all at once pretty soon and have a rough time with it..
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2011