Does your baby have dermatitis on his cheeks?

my son is 7 months and he's had bad dermatitis on his cheeks since he was 4 months. I'm trying to figure out what triggered it. it can't be food allergies because he didn't start eating solids until he was 6 months. it can't be the formula because he's had formula since he was a 1 month. BUT when he was 4 months was when I stopped breastfeeding. Do you think that is the reason he has the dermatitis?

he saw a dermatologist today who perscribed him "EpiCeram" for me to put on his cheeks 2 times a day for 6 weeks. I feel terrible that my son has to suffer with this for who knows how long I just want it to go away...

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 5:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you change your detergent? Your fabric softener? Your dryer sheets? Have you moved so the water is different? Are you bathing him using a different soap? Did you change his shampoo? If it's not internal, it's external. Sensitivities can also develop with repeated exposure.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 5:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011