Can anyone recommend a good chemical peel for at home use? Or microdermabrasion

I'm 22 and ialready have slight wrinkles, pock marks, and black heads out the waaazzooo lol. I've always wanted to try one because of great reviews but I know people are paid to write most of them and considering i have the money to buy one now Iwould like to know if anyone has actually tried one...

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 5:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• check with Merle Norman
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Mary Kay has a good Microdermabrasion set
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i wouldn't recommend a microdermabrasion set unless you take a course in how to properly use one. Otherwise you can end up with far more scarring than you already have. (if used right, it can work wonders). Same with the chemical peel. Besides, without a proper skin analysis you may choose the wrong kind and end up with far worse skin. This is why I recommend a spa facial technician who is trained to use these applications to do the job for you.
    They will properly analyze your skin type, and conditions, and use the right products for the best results.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The best one I have found is by Beauty Control. It's easy to use and gentle enough for your young skin. You can always find a good deal on them at Ebay, which is where I go to buy those products. Try it!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've used microdermabrasion stuff from Mary Kay & Avon. I like both. I only used the Mary Kay kind once or twice when I went to parties & ordered it, but I've ordered the Avon kind a few times. It is cheaper too I think. The Avon kind has a cap that you turn every so often. There are 2 types of cream in separated parts of the tube. One side is less abrasive than the other. You turn the dial every couple of weeks building up to the more abrasive levels and then you quit using it for a short time & then repeat.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• have you used dermalogica....pricey but i like it when i used to be able to afford it.
    FON

Answer by FON at 11:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I use the Anew Clinical Advanced Dermabrasion System (search under product number 835-640) I love it and its only $28 normally and lasts a long time. They are having a sale right now that if you buy 1 Anew Clinical Skincare item you get 1 for only $10 so you could get 2 for $38 or mix and match and its free shipping with a $30 order. www.youravon.com/dhullum Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am a consultant for the new clinical line by the Drs that created Proactiv (for acne). This new line is focused on anti-aging. We have a really great Microdermabrasion Paste that gives pretty amazing immediate results - not too abrasive - actually quite moisturizing. Check out my website for more info or msg me! www.rodanandfieldsderma.com
    KikiPetty

Answer by KikiPetty at 11:07 PM on May. 19, 2011