Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP i am so desperate!

I am a young mother and I have moved back in w. my parents over the summer with my son who is now 16 months. His father was very abusive towards me and one night (RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY at the time 6 MONTH OLD SON) beat me up. Long story short my parents came to pick me up and along the way called the cops because they knew what had happened. It was terrifying and I pray that it hasnt affected or wont affect my son. Now my father (who is in the army) has gotten orders to move to Minnesota ( I currently live in NY). I want to my son and I to move with them. My son's father knows we are moving and I have a feeling hes going to take me to court. I wont let him see Matty (my son) without me there because I dont feel that he's safe with his father. Up until recently his father hasnt wanted anything to do w. him. Now he keeps calling me, threatening me, telling me i have to bring matty over there (to his parents house where he lives) and leave him there to babysit. I am so scared of his father and I havent let Matty stay there w. out me. His father lives in a very dirty house, has abused me, and recently been arrested for something (im not sure) and resisted arrest. He has extreme anger issues, and has recently started snorting prescription muscle relaxers. I am a great mother who loves her son to death and I have been sick over this issue. I dont want my son to get taken from me, and I want to be able to move out of here. Is there any way the court can take my son from me and give him to his father or make it so i cant move??? I cant afford to live on my own. I work 2 crappy low paying jobs and i am going to school full time while my wonderful mother watches my son for me. Please I need answers. I cant sleep and I am constantly crying over this. Please help me :)

Answer Question

Asked by cntwait2bmom513 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • if he brings you to court.. let him doesnt sound like he will get any custody of him.. my opinion.. i would also move with your parents...
    good luck on everything

    Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • Well if he has a background and it's been can use it against him...When I went to court if my ex would have had a record like that (including domestic violence) he wouldn't have got to see his son unless supervised. You have to prove to the court that you are better off moving with your parents....sounds like you will win hands down. Good Luck.

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • Well you can't just leave because he can petition the court, so beat him to it. File for sole custody and ask for his parental rights to be taken

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • thank you :)

    Comment by cntwait2bmom513 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • God bless you and your family. If your parents called the cops that should be on record and if he takes you to court it would be a retarded a$$ judge to let an abusive person around an inocent baby

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.