An other question.

So, I"m trying to find out what my calorie intake should be.

I read in the biggest loser book that it's your weight time 7. Therefore, I did that but it gave me a completly different number then what myfitnesspal.com has. If it wasn't such a big difference it would be ok. But it's like about a 400 difference.

Which should I go by?

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would look at a few more calculators online to see if anything else matches one or the other. One could be giving you the caloric needs for maintaining versus losing
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• To find the right Daily Calorie Balance for you, use the following formula:

Your Weight X 15 (calories to maintain current weight)=current average calorie intake

Example: I weight 156. So, 156 X 15= 2340. I can eat 2340 calories per day to MAINTAIN my current weight.

To lose 1 lb a week without adding exercise to your dieting plan, you must reduce your calorie intake by 500 calories per day.
    To lose 2 lbs a week without adding exercise to your dieting plan, you must reduce your calorie intake by 1000 calories per day.

Each week you should recalculate your Daily Calorie Balance based on your new weight.

And remember, no one should consume less than 1200 calories per day. You need at least that many to keep your body energized so that it can burn fat!
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 2:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think a good amount of calories per day is 1200-1300, no less. If you're exercising, 1300-1500.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think Kristy is right,.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2011