Is it possible for me to get my SO to listen without me having to fuss?

My SO is very unique. I can ask him to do things all day and all night and nothing gets done. When I start acting as if I have lost my mind, all I have to do most of the time is just look at him and he runs to do whatever I asked him to do earlier. I know we are dysfunctional but other people think I am wrong (but they don't know what goes on behind closed doors). I have talked to him about it and he says that sometimes he needs me to fuss/yell etc.

So, should I just skip the talking and go straight to the fussing and acting crazy?

byzzye

Asked by byzzye at 6:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know, if dh doesn't listen to me I usually leave him alone and leave whatever I told him to do undone, he does it eventually or I go on to do something else that I want to do and he starts to "miss" me, like if i ask him to do something and he finishes watching tv and i go get involved in something else, he'll want me to watch a movie with him or pay attention to him later so I say, well, I have a lot to do right now and he comes and helps me get it done faster so we can do whatever it is he wants together. However, if I yell or fuss, he will intentionally be days before he gets to it, he hates being nagged at.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 6:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He's not unique except for him saying "Sometimes he just needs you to fuss/bitch" ... See, most men don't do as they're told until their lady is good and mad. That's when they know they can't slaugh around any more and are to get on to what they should be doing. My husband is the same way, except now he bitches back and acts as though he has plenty of time to do whatever is asked of him. Even if I'm asking him to change a dirty diaper. Now, when it comes to your man it is different that he says "Sometimes I need you to fuss", because that's not normally what anyone wants their partner to do. It could be an excuse for him to get out of you being mad at him for being lazy though. If that's what needs to be done is for you to go right to the bitching, then heck honey have at it. Because when something needs to be done, that man better get up and get to it!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• have you tried an email, text or leaving a note? maybe even give some deadlines, like could you take out the trash before you go to work? or could you please vacuum before your parents get here tomorrow afternoon?
    i am still trying to work this out at our house too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think my hubby may be the same way. It's like he wants me to tell him what to do. If i get on him about not doin something, he's like, well, you didn't tell me to do it. I don't know. Weird.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011