I have a busy lifestyle, need ideas for meals on the go

I'm a go go go kind of mom. My son is in cubscouts and my daughter is in girl scouts, I'm the leader, so because of that I have a real hard time trying to come up with ideas for the late night eating rituals....

Ideas?

JenniferLynn3

Asked by JenniferLynn3 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• crockpot. set it and forget it.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• CABlonde is right...You throw a bunch of stuff in there, set it on low and leave it for 8 hours...everything cooks itself! I cook from the crockpot 6 days a week. allrecipes.com has alot of crockpot recipes.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Soups, stews and chili that you can freeze. On days I forget to take it out of the freezer I throw it in the microwave to thaw or just put it into a saucepan still frozen and leave it over low heat until it melts and heats thru. Then in the meantime you can whip up corn muffins, crescent rolls, or grilled cheese sandwiches, or even just heat up store bought roles. I also freeze spaghetti sauce so I just have to heat that and cook fresh noodles. Rotisserie chickens are nice, too, you can make sandwiches, put it over a ready-made Caesar salad, or just pick it apart standing at the kitchen counter. I'm a big fan of making extra of something so I can have it another day without having to make it from scratch. Like I make two or three meatloafs at a time, or a huge batch of mexican meat/corn/bean mix then we have tacos one night, nachos another, etc.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011