My baby has a cold, she does not have a fever just a stuffy nose, she gave me the cold a couple of days ago:) Any advise about making her more comfortable or how long the could should last?

GHENNIVA

Asked by GHENNIVA at 1:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My five month old and I (and daddy and grandma) all got a cold about a month or so ago and she was the same...no fever, just a stuffy nose and cough and generally feeling miserable. It probably lasted 3-5 days overall....and I used a half dose of baby tylenol maybe twice the whole time, mostly to help her sleep at night if she was ultra fussy and not wanting to sleep at all.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• stuffy noses makes saline drops, and i got some for my son, just to be safe, and we have used them once, but man, i was impressed, a few drops into each nostril and then suck out.. i also wash my sons hands and his toys... not often, but maybe once every few days..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• baby vicks might help as well
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Saline drops and elevate the head of her bed/bassinet a little.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My doctor always tells me that I can do saline drops, elevate the head when sleeping, and to use a cool mist humidifier while sleeping(or even throughout the day would be good too).
    princessamber5

Answer by princessamber5 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My (almost) 5 month old is working on his second cold (poor thing). He has had a fever with both of his, but the first one lasted a lttle over a week. The doctor gave me a saline solution for his stuffy nose, said to give him infant Tylenol if he is fussy (he may have a headache or something) or fevered. And like they've said before, baby vicks chest rub, keep her head elevated:O) Good luck!
    cjo1366

Answer by cjo1366 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2008