Have you ever allowed your 5 year old daughter to get a few foils in her hair?

she loves coming to the salon w/ me.. & they always saw "aw, let me put a few in" because she begs & begs.. of course its silly to intentionally highlight your childs hair, but would it hurt her to allow a few foils in every now and then w/ her mama?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Honestly, i would not put foils in your 5 year olds hair- the Chemicals will be way to strong for her little scalp- you could always just put a few in with no color so she can be just like her Mama:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• baby fine hair can easily get damaged by chemicals

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I do not think that is age appropriate at all.

Maybe a few strands of a color clip in that she can remove but still I think it isnt age appropriate at 5. Thats is just my opinion.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my aunt let my cuzin do like a strand of hot pink once she was 6 i think i guess i dont see a problem but i would prefer koolaid er somthin with no chemicals
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• why start damaging her hair now? she will do enough of that when she gets older. five is definitley to young
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011