I for get the name of it....

but I have lil bumps on the back of my arms and it annoys me. I want to have smooth arms! Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of them?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• Keratosis Pilaris?

Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing cremes, lac-hydrin, creams, and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

Creams containing the acid form of vitamin A, Tretinoin, have been shown to help. Most commonly sold under the trade name Retin-A, it is a topical retinoid medically approved in the treatment of acne. This medicine works by increasing the cell turnover rate of the outer layer of the skin, decreasing the amount of the keratin in the skin. As a result, the surface layer of the skin becomes thinner and pores are less likely to become blocked, reducing the occurrence of symptoms related to acne. While keratosis pilaris is not acne, some believe this action may be of benefit to those with KP as well

There is no cure.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Lac-Hydrin Five. My daughter gets those little bumpies too!

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=275701&productId=275701&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Have you seen a dermatologist? It sounds like something that can be lasered away.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have them real bad right now too!!! I was severely dehydrated after my dd was born 4 weeks ago and I think mine are worse b/c of my dehydration.

I really dont know what to do either, besides lotion. Hope you get some good answers!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Also

As with Triamcinolone, Tretinoin or any other treatment, once therapy is discontinued, the condition reverts to its original state. However, skin treated with Tretinoin may take several weeks or more to revert to its pre-treatment condition, but may, at the same time, take several weeks or more to show optimal results, with the condition commonly worsening initially, as underlying keratin is brought to the surface of the skin. Tretinoin is considerably more expensive and dispensed in smaller quantities than Triamcinolone and other treatments. Although it may be the most effective treatment for keratosis pilaris, it is not considered the first line of treatment.

Milk baths may provide some cosmetic improvement due to their containing lactic acid, a natural alpha hydroxy acid in milk. Sunlight is helpful as well. Coconut oil may also be helpful if applied to afflicted areas while in the shower.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Keratosis Pilaris?
    YES! thats it....i knew I would know it if I heard it!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011